The ideal ratio for blending notes is 30% top notes, 50% middle notes, and 20% base notes.
Top Notes – 9 drops
Orange Blossom Oil (7 drops)
Lavender Oil (2 drops)
Middle Notes – 14 drops
Rose Oil (5 drops)
Jasmine Oil (8 drops)
Base Notes – 7 drops
Myrrh Oil (2 drops)
Vanilla Oil (3 drops)
Musk Oil or Spikenard Oil (2 drops)
- 2 tbsp carrier oil (jojoba, almond, or grape seed will do)
- 6 tbsp 100- to 190-proof alcohol
- 2.5 tbsp bottled (not tap) water
- 30 drops of essential oils (at least 1 of each: base, middle, and top)
- Coffee filter
- 2 clean glass containers
- Start with pouring carrier oil into glass container.
- Add essential oils
- DIY perfumers sugguest a high-quality, 80- to 100-proof (40% – 50% alc/vol) vodka to bind the blend (think EVERCLEAR grain alcohol)
- Store in DARK containers to protect from light
- Allow the perfume to sit for at least 48 hours. Shut the lid and allow the perfume to cure for at least 48 hours. You can leave it for up to 6 weeks, which is when its scent will be at its strongest.
- Once happy with potency add water.
- Shake for about 90 seconds
- Using a coffee filter and a funnel, pour your perfume into a clean, dark glass bottle that sprays or allows for roll-on.
*** Featured Image by Ali Express